You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.

Monday, October 7, 2013

Another Week in Paris

Well another week has come and gone in Paris.  There is not too much to report from across the pond.  I have had a cold since Monday and so I have mostly locked myself in the apartment unless if I absolutely had to go somewhere.  It has made for a rather boring week with sadly no pictures.  Hopefully this week will be better and I'll be in better shape to go exploring around this beautiful city!  I had a few meetings for my program about administrative like things, for example social security in France and how to get it along with things like activities to do with your students when you start working with them.  Other than that I've got a lot of reading done and I've watched quite a few movies. I did venture out to go to the young adult group at the American Church in Paris and was glad I went because I met some really nice people.  I also found a place that could translate my birth certificate so that was exciting.  I also on Sunday went to church and afterwards the young adult group went over to the Musée D'Orsay because on the first Sunday of the month museums are free.  It was a nice time and I met some really cool people but holy cow was the line to get in ridiculously long!  Also once you were actually in the museum it was rather packed and made it difficult to actually enjoy the artwork because you were being jostled around by everyone trying to get around you.  It was an interesting experience to say the least and I'm not so sure I'll venture out again on the first Sunday of the month to visit the museums because I have some time before I come back to go and enjoy them when they are a bit less crowded. But sadly other than that there is not much else to say.  Things will get more exciting though again once I'm better and am busy with school and living with the French family.

2 comments:

  1. Better to have been sick when you are free to stay home and rest up then to have to try to go to work all sick. Praying you are able to feel well real soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true, it is better to be sick when I don't have much to do than when I am busy with school! Thanks, I appreciate it!

      Delete