Un chausson pomme (it is warm and there is like an applesauce on the inside)
Le Jardin des Plantes, surprisingly I had never been here before
There are lots of plants in Le Jardin des Plantes
A fall day in Le Jardin des Plantes
A pretty door I came across while leaving the gardens (I love the color blue so of course I liked the door)
Sadly, I don't know which bridge this is that crosses the Seine (I should probably figure that out)
Notre Dame in the distance
Exploring Ile St. Louis
La Seine
Wednesday, I headed out to the burbs to hang out with the French family that I will be living with. I watched 2 of their kids and had a nice time hanging out with them. I stayed for dinner and since it was the husband's birthday I helped make a cheesecake since the family really likes cheesecake. It didn't turn out too bad seeing as I've never made one before. It was so much fun getting to celebrate his birthday and just be with the family. On Thursday, Carolyn (the lady I'm currently staying with) left to go back to the States for a long weekend for her high school reunion. It was nice having the place to myself. I met up with Rémicette, a friend I met last time I was in Paris, and we did our conversation exchange where we speak 30 minutes in French & 30 minutes in English. We met at a café near my old neighborhood and so I stopped at my old boulangerie afterwards and picked up this delicious treat.
A tarte aux fraises (it is amazing)
On Friday I went to a café and sat there for a few hours reading and drinking a café. It is such a fun place and was so bright, colorful and cheery. I really enjoyed it there.
Les Petites Indécises in the 11th; a new favorite of mine
On Friday evening I went over to ACP for a free concert and met some really cool people and had a nice lasagna dinner for only 5euros which isn't bad. It was a lot of fun and afterwards some of us went out for drinks at a nearby café.
Some of the performers (there was all different kinds of music from jazz to blue grass to covers of pop music)
Saturday I went over to a friend's place for homemade chili, I actually met her at the concert. We had a nice time eating chili and hanging out we then baked some cookies and were guessing on the measurements since they don't have cup, teaspoon and tablespoon measurements here in France. It was a lot of fun. In the evening, she was supposed to meet up with me to go see the fireworks at Sacré Coeur for the Fête des Vendanges (the wine festival) and my friend Ryan came along as well. Well, Olivia (the friend who was supposed to come didn't show up because her meeting ran way late and she doesn't yet have a phone so we couldn't contact her). Anyways, Ryan and I were waiting for Olivia to show up and by the time we decided to leave our meeting spot we tried to run over to Sacré Coeur and see the fireworks but missed them. However, we ran into Rachel (a girl who I studied abroad with) and her friend and we walked up the steps to see Sacré Coeur at night since Ryan had never seen it before. It was fun and I had a great time chatting with everyone.
Sacré Coeur at night, sadly we missed the fireworks
On Sunday I got up early (even though I went to bed rather late on Saturday and did not want to get up in the morning) to go out to the burbs to spend the day with the Klevilles. I went to church with them and then we went out for lunch at Pizza Hut and on our way back we stopped at a nice park and walked around for a while. We then headed back to their house and watched the movie October Sky but in French and afterwards I headed back to Paris.
It has been a surprisingly busy week filled with many adventures now that I think about it. Now for a week of starting school and moving out to the suburbs to live with a French family.


As always I love the pictures and it will be a great adventure with a French family.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are enjoying the pictures! I'm excited for all the adventures in store!
DeleteSo jealous of all the delicious food you are eating! It looks like you are having a great time and it sounds like you are making several new friends! I am so proud of you! Je t'aime
ReplyDeleteI am mostly eating yummy pastries!! But they are delicious! Love you too!
DeleteThe bridge over the Seine was probably Pont de Sully if it gave you access to Ile St. Louis. Did you walk into the little park at the tip of the island after crossing the bridge? Now you were on my "home" turf. haha
ReplyDeleteHaha, so true, you'd know better than I would! And no I didn't walk into the little park, I need to check that out next time!
Delete