Looking back at the week between Christmas and New Years, that is exactly what I am thinking. What exactly did I do during that week? Well, I couldn’t really remember anything special and so when I was looking in my journal at what I did it was absolutely nothing. I did go out and venture around in Paris on the 29th of December but other than that I did dittily squat. I did do a lot of reading and pestering Maissie via facetime but other than that there isn’t much to report from this week. I do have some pictures though from when I did venture out and around Paris. I was going to go to the Rodin Museum on the 29th but once I saw the line to get in I decided that I can wait and go back another time when there are a lot less tourists. I foolishly thought that Musée D’Orsay would be less crowded so I jumped on a bus and headed over there. When I got off of the bus and made it over to the entrance it was just crazy and I decided that it could wait. Since it was break and everyone was on vacation everyone was out and about in Paris and that was annoying because all the touristy things had ridiculously long lines. Anyways, since I live here I can just go back and visit another day when there are less tourists, there are never no tourists in Paris but after the holidays there aren’t as many tourists. So I just walked around by the Seine and made it over to Place de la Concorde and then headed home. Here are some pictures from walking around Paris.
La Seine et le Louvre (building on the left)
Paris, there is just something about this city
Musée D’Orsay (I avoided that museum because of the crazy lines)
L’Assemblée Nationale (building with columns)
Place de la Concorde
Me at Place de la Concorde, I love this city.
I love the pictures! It's too bad that everything was soo busy! Like you said you can always go another time :) You weren't pestering me! It was nice talking to you so much when I was home! Miss you!
ReplyDeletePretty pictures. Sometimes a quiet week to relax is a welcome change!
ReplyDelete