That is what one says in French for Happy New Years! I was rather bummed out for a while because I had absolutely no plans for New Years Eve. I was just planning on hanging out around my foyer and not doing too much. I thought maybe I would venture over to la Tour Eiffel before midnight and be there at midnight but I am so glad that I didn’t because from what I heard it was super duper crowded and is like the equivalent of being in Times Square in New York. I heard the lines to just get on the metro were insane. I actually was invited to go to a church at the metro Porte D’Orléans. It is kind of the other side of the city from where I live but I was excited to be invited and said yes. The girl that invited me was Mislane, she lives in my foyer and we go to the same church on Sundays. She is a very sweet person. Anyways, it was me her and Jasmine who went to this church. We got there and there were other young people around our age and families and whatnot. We had dinner and then had a church service and started praying like 10 minutes before midnight and kept praying until a few minutes after the new year. The pastor wanted to be in prayer during the old year and new year which was kind of cool. Afterwards, everyone said bonne année to each other and was doing la bise (which is the kisses on the cheeks). It was fun just getting out and seeing a different part of the city. I had a really nice time and am very glad I went. We helped clean up and then took the metro home and there were a lot of people and everyone was yelling bonne année and it was quite the experience. I got home around like 1:30am, I think. I then skyped with my family and the Medinas. They still had several hours before it was New Years in the States. I was really tired and went to bed at 2am and slept in the next morning.
Me, Mislane, and Jasmine at the church party
Mislane, me and some of the other girls at the church
No comments:
Post a Comment