You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Back to School

Well school started back up on Tuesday for me and school this week went fine.  There were some days where it was a major struggle to even get out of bed but I made it off to school and the days went fine.  I had homework and whatnot and part of me was glad to be back in school and have things to do again.  It was nice to be busy with stuff and not just laze around and be a bum.  On Friday the 6th of January it was such a nice day out that I walked over to the fnac (which is like a best buy and barnes & noble combined) and I picked up another book because I finished my other book rather quickly and needed something else to read.  I love reading in French and it is awesome practice.  I then headed back to my foyer and eventually headed over to the Rodin Museum to check out the gardens.  When I got over to the museum there wasn’t a line to get in and it was free to get into the gardens so that was cool!  The actual museum part is closed until April for renovations but there are statues in the garden and it was just such a nice day out that I was excited to be outside and get some Vitamin D.  That garden was beautiful and I can only imagine what it is like with all the flowers in bloom and whatnot.  I really enjoyed my time there.

Le Penseur and les Invalides (in the background) are just a stone’s throw away

Roaming the gardens on this gorgeous day

A statue out in the gardens at the Rodin Museum

The Rodin Museum gardens with les Invalides and the tip of the Eiffel Tower (to left of dome) in the background

Rodin Museum and it’s gardens

The pond in the gardens

A picture perfect day at the Rodin Museum

Me at the Rodin Museum

An awesome tree that I was fascinated with

The Rodin Museum and amazing tree

The Rodin Museum and les Invalides (dome in the background)
Well now that I have practically added every picture from my time there you now have a good idea of what the gardens look like.  It was just a picture perfect day and I am in love with like all my pictures from that day it is just a beautiful location and is so serene in the middle of a big bustling city.  There also weren’t a ton of tourists which was wonderful so it was like I practically had the gardens to myself.  It was just really nice to go out and explore more of this beautiful city.

3 comments:

  1. Well I guess being sick and skipping my morning class made me be productive with blog entries since I felt guilty for not going to school this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful day in janvier!! Nice to have a peaceful place to visit in such a busy bustling city. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are beautiful! I want to go! :)

    ReplyDelete