You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Funny Little Moments
So I am at home in the basement with Gabriel, who is 4 years old, and he insists that we go into his mom's office. So we go in and I am insisting that we shouldn't be playing in here but he then closes the door to the office and low and behold the door does not have a handle so we are now locked in the office in the basement. I found this to be rather funny because of course everyone else is upstairs and the dryer is running and someone is practicing their trumpet. We are yelling people's names hoping someone will hear us but no one is coming. I am trying to open the door and keep Gabriel calm because he is starting to get anxious. I am of course having no luck at opening this door and so I decide to start knocking very loudly on the door in the hopes that someone will hear and and let us out. Finally, Maxime came down and I explained to him that we were locked in the office and he got us out quickly. Marie-Laure came down and said that she thought it was Joanne that was banging on something when it was us that was trying to get someone's attention. Thank goodness they were home and it wasn't that grave of a situation because I knew someone would eventually come and find us. It's moments like these that make living abroad an adventure and all worth the while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment