You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Highlights from February

Well the month of February has come and gone and we are now into March and I have yet to put up a blog entry about all my adventures during those 29 days.  I am sure you are probably wondering what I did and why it has taken me so long to put up a blog entry for February.  Well in short here is what the month of February was for me: Busy.  I was busy mostly with visiting people back from the States, I also had school and whatnot but I had 3 straight weeks of people staying with me.  But before that a girl from Central, Justine, who is studying in Spain this semester came to Paris for a weekend and I got to hang out with her on Saturday before she went back to Spain.  We visited the lovely Sacré-Coeur and stopped over by the Luxembourg Gardens.  It was freezing but we had a nice time.

Justine and me at Sacré-Coeur
I had school and whatnot and it did snow at one point in Paris which was exciting but it quickly melted.  However, on the 13th of February my friend Katie, whom I roomed with my spring semester of freshman year, came to visit me for a week before heading off to Germany for the semester.  It was thankfully warmer and we had a nice time walking around and visiting different monuments.  It was also nice getting to catch up since I hadn’t seen her in a year and a half seeing as after our freshman year she transferred to a school in Minnesota.  Katie got to stay with me in my foyer which was a miracle in and of itself because my foyer is very strict on visiting policies but since my roommate was in California they didn’t mind.

Katie and I at the Louvre, it was closed so we couldn’t go in that day but took some pictures
I unfortunately did have school during this time but it was only during the morning so we got to hang out in the afternoon.  We did visit Père Lachaise which is a huge cemetery and has some famous people in it like Edith Piaf.

We did also make it over to Sacré-Coeur

A dreary day in Paris

Walking around Père Lachaise

On Katie’s second to last day we went over to les Jardins de Tuileries

Katie and I enjoying the sun at les Jardins de Tuileries
Katie then left on Monday the 20th of February to start her adventure in Germany.  It was fun having her around and getting to explore the city some more with a friend.  Hopefully I’ll be able to go out to Berlin and she’ll be able to show me around.  In the next blog entry you’ll get to hear about all my adventures with my sister when she came out to visit me over her spring break!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, looks like you had fun with friends. What a blessing!! Hope the next entry is entered soon!

    ReplyDelete