You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The End of January

Well I finished up my classes at the Catho and took some finals, it all went well.  The newbies for my program came at the end of January and it was nice meeting them but I don’t really see them very much.  I also started up my intensive language classes at Ecole Etoile and those went fine.  They lasted for about 3 weeks so it also went into February.  It went fine though and I learned a lot of grammar that is always helpful.  Nothing too exciting happened in the end of January it was just the regular stuff but here are some pictures from when I was wandering around the city just exploring.

A lovely little park/monument that I go past on the bus everyday so I decided to one day go and check it out

After visiting that park I walked over to Place de la Concorde and this is what I saw.  It was just breathtaking

L’Obélisk (center) and Eiffel Tower (to the right), it was just amazing

La Seine et La Tour Eiffel while the sun was slowly setting

Dusk in Paris
On the 28th of January I went to Sainte Chapelle which is a beautiful church that is tiny and all the walls are covered in stained glass windows.  Three Canadian girls from my foyer went with me and we had a lovely time.  So here are a few pictures from our visit to Sainte Chapelle.

Sainte Chapelle, unfortunately pictures can’t give it justice

The beautiful windows

Some of the stained glass windows

A close up of some of the windows
The next day I decided to go to Place des Vosges but didn’t stay very long because it was freezing out!  I literally only stayed for about 10 minutes.  But I will definitely go back in the spring when it is warmer and flowers are blooming, I am sure it will just be splendid.

Place des Vosges

Place des Vosges, I’m looking forward to visiting it when the weather is nicer
Well the month of January has come to an end and that means that February has begun.  I was super busy in the month of February and it is currently now March!  It is amazing how quickly time flies!  In the next blog entry I will give you the highlights and don’t worry there will be lots of pictures too.

2 comments:

  1. Finalement j'aime bien les photos. J'attends avec impatience la prochain blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pictures! Now it is time to catch up on your entries! Love you! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete