You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Too much bread?

In France we eat bread for breakfast, we have it with lunch, and we have it with dinner.  One could say that we eat a lot of bread in France!  But I don't mind one bit because their baguettes are so good!  It has been one week since I left for France!  It is crazy how quickly my week in the countryside has gone!  I was so nervous before I left for France but now looking back it was kinda silly for me to be so nervous.  I made it here just fine and have been enjoying France just like all my previous experiences.  However, I do understand why I was nervous because I will be away from my family for an entire year and I had never traveled alone before.  Before I got here I thought I would just be sitting around the house most of the time with not much to do but man was I wrong!  It has been go, go, go, a majority of the time!  We have been busy with shopping, visiting people and eating!  I am excited to go to Paris and I know that I can take the train out to my cousin's house in the countryside to visit for a weekend and get some free food!  I will be having to provide my own meals while living in my foyer in Paris.  We will see how that one goes!  The other day I emailed the program director the classes that I would like to take this semester and hopefully I will get to take them.  If I do I will only have class on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday!  That would mean 4 day weekends!! I would not mind that one bit!  The days that I have classes will be filled from beginning to end but we will see if I get into these classes or not.  Tonight is my last night at the cousins, we will drive to Paris tomorrow morning so I can get there with lots of time to unpack since my foyer will be my home for the next year.  Hopefully all will go well and I will have a nice roommate and nice neighbors in my foyer!

4 comments:

  1. You can never eat too much bread!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Dad! Hope you are doing well! I leave for Paris tomorrow and am excited but a little nervous too! Hopefully it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be fun exploring your neighborhood in Paris. Did you ever finish your essay for Spain? Love you and looking forward to hearing all about your living arrangement. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it will be lots of fun exploring my neighborhood! I did finish my Spain essay today and hopefully will hear something in the near future since I also sent it in today. I look forward to telling you all about my new living arrangements!

    ReplyDelete