Monday I headed out bright and early to catch a direct train to Saint-Malo. I had no issues getting there and found the walled city just fine. However, when I got there I couldn't find the Tourism Office to get a map so I walked around and had a "rough map" and found where I was staying thankfully.
Made it into the city walls of Saint-Malo
The streets of intra-muros Saint-Malo
Walking along the ramparts
The streets of St-Malo
Looking out over the water
The beach at Saint-Malo
The two islands are Le Grand Bé & Le Petit Bé
Saint-Malo walls
Le Fort National
The buildings in Saint-Malo
The beach on the English Channel
The rocks along the beach
The path walking out to Le Grand Bé (can only go over at low tide)
View when you make it over to the island
View of intra-muros St-Malo
The green grass and the beautiful water
View of the city from the island
View of Le Petit Bé from Le Grand Bé
St. Michel (walking around the town)
Watching the sunset at the beach
The sunset didn't disappoint
On Tuesday I got up decently early and there was surprisingly almost nobody out and about even though it was only 9am. But I didn't mind, it was a gorgeous day out and I got to visit lots of different places around Saint-Malo including a few museums.
Walking over to the lighthouse
A beautiful morning
The walled city of Saint-Malo
The lighthouse
La Cité d'Alet
Nobody at the beach
Enjoying the sunshine
The buildings of Saint-Malo
Walking to the other beach
Walking around the city
Le Fort National
Saint-Malo
High tide was coming in so everyone was scrambling across
Visiting the cathedral St. Michel
St. Michel
Elementary kids learning how to navigate a boat
Inside the history museum of Saint-Malo
Views of the port from the history museum
The beach view from the history museum
Le Fort National
View of the square from the top of the museum
Enjoying the views
When I was at the top of the history museum enjoying the views I noticed that it was low tide over by Le Fort National and decided to make my way over there in the hopes that I would be able to walk over and enjoy the views. Thankfully, it was still low tide and the views were great.
Heading over to Le Fort National and looking at Le Grand Bé
Saint-Malo from Le Fort National
Le Fort National
Climbing the rocks and enjoying the views
View from Le Fort National
View of the beach from Le Fort National
On the island of Le Fort National
Low tide on at the beach
On Wednesday I went over to La Maison Corsaire and could only visit it through a tour so I wasn't thinking it would be that long but holy cow was I wrong! We only visited 5 rooms in this large old house and the lady talked for easily 2 hours or longer! It was interesting but after a while I couldn't even concentrate anymore and was wondering when it would end. I had lunch and later in the afternoon decided to make the 20 minute trek (walking) over to La Cité d'Alet which has a museum about WWII and has some great views and whatnot. Well of course it was raining, I was prepared though with an umbrella. Once I got to the top of the hill where the museum was it started pouring and the museum could only be visited by a tour guide and that was in another hour and 15 minutes. I took refuge under a passageway after I got completely drenched in the hopes that it would let up.
Walking over to la Cité d'Alet
The dry dock
Views from La Cité d'Alet
Some of what is left from WWII
Views from this park, La Cité d'Alet, that is on a hilltop
The museum
Heading down the hill
Thursday was my last day and I didn't get to do too much. I was able to head over to the beach for a bit but then I had to get to the train station to catch my train back to Paris. I had such a great time in Saint-Malo and really loved the beauty of this city as well as getting to explore it! It was such a blessing having the opportunity to visit a new part of France that I had never been to before and experience a different facet of French culture. I would gladly go back one day because I feel like there is a lot more to explore in that area especially if you have a car available.


















No comments:
Post a Comment