You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Back in the Saddle


Well, I am back at it, blogging that is.  I know while I was in Paris and Spain I was rather lacking on the blog entries but unreliable/no internet access made it difficult at times to accomplish such a task.  Now I know you are probably wondering why I am going to be blogging again and that is a good question.  Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that I’ll be back in France (my other home) but I’ll get the next best thing…Chicago!  I am going to be spending my last semester as a college student student teaching in a Chicago Public School.  I will be helping out in a French classroom of course and am so excited for this opportunity and what lies ahead.  I know it will not be easy but are things that are worth it ever easy?  Just looking back on my experience in Paris makes me realize how difficult it was but how much it was all worth it in the end.  I will be moving into the city in January (of course it will be freezing) and will be living downtown until the beginning of May (and will be moving out of course when it finally starts warming up).  I don’t know much else at the moment but don’t worry there will be many stories to tell throughout spring semester.

4 comments:

  1. Amelia! So exciting that you'll be living downtown--I live downtown!! Next semester, I would love to get together when you have a chance! :)
    Blessings,
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chelsea! I would love to get together while I am living downtown! Looking forward to it :)

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Maman. Cette expérience va être très différente mais très intéressante.

      Delete