You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Girls Just Want to Have Fun

Well the month of March was rather uneventful; it just consisted of going to classes, doing homework, the usual.  Not a lot of exciting things went on but I didn’t mind.  However the weekend of my birthday was a lot of fun and I got to spend it with a really good friend of mine out in the countryside at the cousins’ house.  Well I had invited my friend Laura to come out to Les Sièges for the weekend with me and just hang out in the countryside.  Françoise and Manu were gracious enough to welcome two girls in their house for a weekend.  We took the train out to Sens in the afternoon on Friday March 23rd.  Françoise came and picked us up and when we were in the car the song “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” came on the radio and I was joking around with Laura that should be our theme song for the weekend.  It was so nice to get outside of Paris and see green rolling hills.  We had awesome weather that weekend!  It was 70s and sunny the whole weekend, we weren’t complaining one bit.  We just hung out and went for a lot of walks around the town and countryside and would also go into the backyard with a blanket and just lay out soaking up the sun.  On Saturday the 24th of March, Françoise and Manu took us out to a nice restaurant for my birthday.  It was very nice of them.  We just had a relaxing day and had fun just walking around and exploring the tiny town of Les Sièges.  Then on Sunday March 25th we went on a picnic with Françoise and Manu’s friends in the neighboring woods and had a nice time.  It was a very French picnic to say the least but Laura and I loved it!  It was also really cool for me to see how much more I could understand and respond since the last time I was out there was in October.  Then Françoise and her friend took us back to the house to get our bags and then we headed off to the train station.  When we got on the train it was packed!!!  It was so full that Laura and I had to sit on the ground the whole ride like a bunch of other people; thankfully it is only an hour long train ride and it was direct to Paris.

Laura and I out at the cousins’ house

3 comments:

  1. What a great time and beautiful weather. Now that sounds like a perfect birthday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so glad you had a good birthday weekend! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom--It was a very nice birthday weekend. Thanks!

    Maissie--Thanks! And I had a very nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete