Well on my last day of Toussaints I went to the château, Vaux le Vicomte. It is a beautiful château and was the inspiration for Versailles. I really liked it because it isn’t as crowded with tourists as Versailles. Unfortunately it was a rainy day when I went with Angela but that is ok we still had a nice time. No there were no princes that I saw at the château but I guess some of the French princes had visited the château, and there were no fairytales but the gardens were very “fairytalesque”. There isn’t much for me to write about today so I am just going to show you what it was like through some of my favorite pictures. I took a ton of pictures but putting all of them up would be ridiculous.
Well here is Vaux le Vicomte, of course the dome at the top was under construction so we couldn’t go in it sadly
Looking out onto the gardens
Creepy “life like” animations that they had that would talk and yes the guy does have a squirrel on his shoulder, creepy I know. (Also squirrel things were everywhere here and I'm not sure why)
Cool kitchen area
An office like room (and if you notice on the wall that is an arm holding the candlestick, interesting to say the least)
At last in the gardens, I love the fall colors.
Me in the gardens at Vaux le Vicomte (it was just breathtaking)
The gardens just went on forever and ever
A bridge that we sadly couldn’t get to (sorry don't know what happened to the picture when I was adding it) :(
The amazing fall colors!
Looking at the back of the château
The amazing fall colors in the gardens
More of the gardens
Heading back towards the château before heading home
I had a really nice time despite the rain and loved seeing the amazing fall colors at this gorgeous château, I can now understand why Louis was jealous and built Versailles. It was a great way to end a nice Toussaints break!
Beautiful pictures despite the gloomy weather. Glad you enjoyed the day.
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures!! What beautiful fall colors!! I looked at some of the pictures before reading the captions and I thought Oh that fake person is creepy and then your caption said it was creepy!!! I thought that was funny! I did notice the hands holding the candles that is pretty weird!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Maman! And I know Maissie, I have a closer up picture of the creepy guy with the squirrel on his shoulder! Super creepy!
ReplyDelete