You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.

Monday, November 14, 2011

In the In Between

So this week was a week in between two fun weekends.  The previous weekend (or previous blog entry) was a lot of fun because I got to spend it with a familiar face from home.  Then the next weekend (or the next blog entry) I got to spend at my cousins’ house in the countryside for part of Toussaints break.  There isn’t much to report from this week so it will be a brief blog entry and sadly no pictures well because I really had nothing to take pictures of.
Lundi le 17 octobre:
I had Shelley’s class in the afternoon and afterwards I went to a crêperie with Angela and Lauren and I got a really yummy sucre crêpe (sucre means sugar).  I could have easily eaten 10 more of those!  I then went home and went out to the Monoprix to buy some tissues because well I am sick with a little cold and my nose won’t stop running!  I then went to the pharmacie to get some medicine and was trying to explain to the lady that I wanted pills to take but I had no idea how to say “pill” so I was doing hand motions and pry looked ridiculous doing so!  She finally figured out what I wanted and I got some medicine.
Mardi le 18 octobre:
Suffered through my classes today, I made it through though!  I then went to my bénévolat and I didn’t really do much because no one really wanted/needed my help but that is ok it was still fine.  Then afterwards Kacey and I took the métro to Gare Paris-Bercy (I did mention what gare means in a previous blog entry but for those of you that don’t remember it means train station).  I bought my tickets to go visit the cousins this weekend for a nice long weekend far away from Paris in Les Sièges!  I had to buy it from a machine and I will admit I did put it in English but in my defense, I was sick and I did NOT want to misunderstand anything and buy tickets for the wrong day because that would be horrible!  But next time I will do it all in French because it isn’t hard.  I then headed back to the metro with Kacey and we went into the entrance that was closest to the Gare and I scanned my pass and went in and realized that this one did not have the line I wanted to take.  So I then had to leave and go to the further entrance to get to the line I wanted.  I scanned my pass there and it said “déjà validé”!!!  I was sooo upset because it wouldn’t let me in!!  I went to talk to a guy at the counter and he pointed to the right and said something but I had no clue what it was and I was so frazzled and frustrated and tired and I didn’t feel well since I was sick and it was getting late and I just wanted to go home and go to bed!  So I saw this guy coming up and he scanned his pass and I snuck through after him but with one slight problem, my messenger bag got caught in the doors!  I was sooo upset and was on the verge of tears, it was not my proudest moment.  I yanked my bag through and finally made it home.
Mercredi le 19 octobre:
A girl from the foyer, Wen, let me borrow her hair dryer this morning!  I was so excited because I didn’t want to go outside where it was cold with wet hair and make my cold worse!  My nose was already running and I was coughing.  I didn’t need to be making it worse!  It was so nice to use a hair dryer.  I went to class and suffered through yet another day.  During my afternoon class about half way through I could not keep my eyes open to save my life!  It was horrible!  After classes I went home and did homework, had dinner and went to bed.
Jeudi le 20 octobre:
I got up kind of late today and got ready, I got to use the hair dryer again and that was super awesome!  I went to class and had lunch, class seemed to go by rather quickly today.  I then went over to a shopping mall like place near bld. St. Germain and I bought a scarf for 10€!  It was a great deal!  I then went home and did some laundry.  I had dinner with Wen and then we went to the Champs-Elysées because there is a Gap store there and they were having a private sale that Wen had a ticket to.  So we went and it was rather funny because the sale was only 30% off, nothing that spectacular.  It was all too expensive for us even with the sale but it was fun to get out of the foyer.  At this even that they were having there were “bouncers” at the door checking to make sure you had a ticket.  They also were serving free cocktails!!  That was the funniest thing ever!!  I would never see something like that in the States but this is France.  I didn’t get one because well I had just taken some cold medicine and mixing the two is never a good idea.  We looked around and then went back to the foyer and I gave Wen her hair dryer right when we got home.

6 comments:

  1. I know! Two blog entries in 1 day, that is just crazy! But I am trying to catch up while my internet is working and I am avoiding the homework that I don't want to do. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about getting stuck in the metro. That happens to everyone at some point. Hope you are over your cold. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry this week wasn't as fun as last week! I'm glad you got to use a hair dryer and got some medicine! Stop avoiding homework! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the hairdryer story. That's something to write in your gratitude journal. Get it in there! Even your un-fun weeks are full of adventure. Love to hear it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! I am over the cold and don't worry Janine, the hairdryer story is in the gratitude journal! Got it covered lol! :)

    ReplyDelete