My time here in the States is coming to a swift end. I leave in 11 days. It is mind boggling that I am going to be living in Paris! Something that I have dreamt about for so long is finally coming true! It is exciting but on the flip side of that it is nerve racking! Summer is coming to an end and people are going back to school which means that it is time for me to start saying goodbye. It has been such a weird experience saying goodbye to my friends and family because I don't feel as if I won't see them for a year. I haven't really been that sad when saying goodbye. Yes, I will miss people but I just don't feel sad. My head understands that I won't see them for a long while but my heart hasn't quite caught on yet (I think it is in denial for the time being.) I had to say goodbye to my younger sister, Maissie, the other day because I helped her move into college for her freshmen year. I miss her horribly already but I know that she is just going to love college life and have a wonderful year. I also had to say goodbye to some of my cousins, we went camping which was a lot of fun but saying goodbye was just strange. Just like when I said goodbye to my very dear friends Becky and Jacquie. Thankfully I still have a few more days before I have to say goodbye to my parents which will pry be the hardest because they will be the ones dropping me off at the airport.
I am now at the point where I am ready to go but at the same time I am not ready to go. I am afraid of all that I will miss back in the States. It is rather funny, the other day I had a dream that when I came back to Central I was living way out in the goonies and nobody really even noticed that I was there, it was if they didn't care that I was back. I know that is not true but one always wonders how coming back will be since things will be different. But for right now I am not going to concern myself with my senior year of college because I have an amazing year in Paris right around the corner!
Tomorrow is the BIG day. We go to the airport and send you off to a great adventure. I am so proud of all you have done and you are about to do. Enjoy everyday, find something to smile about and remember I love you. Grosses Bises, Mom
ReplyDeleteOh Amelia, I am missing you horribly! I can't wait to visit you! I love you sooo much and am soo happy for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Maissie and Mom. I don't think it will be hard to enjoy every day seeing as I am in France. I miss you both and love you dearly!
ReplyDeleteBises.